cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gautham1328
Level 7

Download Software Product List -- error "Failed to connect to the Software Catalog server"

failed to connect software.JPG

in our epo4.6 there is a regular error in the server task log for the task "Download Software Product List" . and the error i can see is " Failed to connect to the Software Catalog server."  this happens daily . Did  this also hapen to u . if yes, then give me the solution .

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Download Software Product List -- error "Failed to connect to the Software Catalog server"

Hi...

As long as this doesn't happen all the time, I personally wouldn't worry about it. If you want to investigate it further, then it can be caused by a large number of things - network issues, proxy problems, DNS issues, for example.

HTH -

Joe

0 Kudos
gautham1328
Level 7

Re: Download Software Product List -- error "Failed to connect to the Software Catalog server"

thanks joe ,

but this error happens every day . we have a proxy too in our environment.  So what could be the reason .?

0 Kudos
georgec
Level 13

It's probably related to the proxy server. Anything interesting in the logs?

on 11/16/12 1:18:11 AM CST
0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Does it happen at the same time every day? If so the proxy may be configured to only allow access at certain times...

HTH -

Joe

0 Kudos