cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double System Name entries in Reports using ePO Build: ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9.1 (Build 251)

Jump to solution

Hello.

I list System Name, Last Communication, Managed State, IP address, AV Protection By.

I get some System Name twice and with different content like one "System X" has MOVE Agentless NSX as "AV Protection By" but in the next line that same "System X" is Unprotected.

If I put a checkmark at that "System X" both lines are marked.

What to do?

Best Regards

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 21

Re: Double System Name entries in Reports using ePO Build: ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9.1 (Build 251)

Jump to solution

I totally understand that this issue causes data to be skewed.  I would suggest opening a ticket with McAfee so we can get this to development to address.  Most people work around it by removing the offending column, but if it causes your reporting to be incorrect, then definitely open a ticket.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

20 Replies
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 21

Re: Double System Name entries in Reports using ePO Build: ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9.1 (Build 251)

Jump to solution

Hi PeterLageri,

What you describe sound very much 'duplicate systems. A state where for various reasons (some examples below) where a system is added/considered a new system and is added to the system tree accordingly.

ePO has server tasks that can be used to help here:

Queries, system actions, and server tasks in ePolicy Orchestrator to assist with identification and remediation of duplicate McAfee Agent GUIDs
Technical Articles ID: KB67473

Example scenario's

Duplicate systems in the System Tree after a McAfee Agent force installation over an existing version
Technical Articles ID: KB86879

After importing a computer into the System Tree, it is reported as Unmanaged, even if the agent is communicating with the ePO server
Technical Articles ID: KB60757

Duplicate entries are created in the System Tree when you perform an AD Sync in ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9.0 or 5.3.3
Technical Articles ID: KB89427

How to include McAfee Agent 5.x on an image
Technical Articles ID: KB84356

Other things that can affect this include VDi systems, remote VPN connected devices, VPN concentrators.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Hmmm......

None of these seems to apply.

The  default query Duplicate Systems Names doesn't identify any of those System Names as duplicate.

Other ideas?

I think I will uninstall the agent, delete the entries from the System Tree, restart the server and reinstall the agent.

Best Regards

Peter

Jump to solution

Ok.

So I ran frminst.exe /remove=agent, deleted both entries in the System Tree, restarted the server, checked that the entries stayed away, installed the agent, restarted the server.

Same, same for that Query. It comes and goes with the "AV Protection By" column and with the "Agentless Anti-Malware Protection Status" column though I don't get quadouble rows for choosing both "AV Protection By" and "Agentless Anti-Malware Protection Status".

It seem to me that I get double entries (but only for a few VMs) as soon as I choose any field within the Product Status group.

The only product installed on the VM is the McAfee Agent. (5.5.1.388).

It should list as MOVE Agentless NSX protected and it is protected but not listed as such.

Any ideas?

Best Regards

Peter

Highlighted
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 21

Jump to solution

Hi PeterLageri,

You can do that for sure, please do report back on the results of that action.

I've a little admission to make, I do recall an issue where to select one device would also select other devices, but it is a rather old matter, and one that was solved a while back. (ePO 5.3.1, if I recall correctly!) Man Embarassed
Something I'm trying to dig out related to Multi-slot policy, but what you describe and what little I can recall or find really does not match up!

ePolicy Orchestrator 5.3.x Known Issues
Technical Articles ID: KB82675
   -   ref Technical Articles ID: KB85055

ePO 5.9.1 has an issue related to the above, but again it does not match up with what you say and what  I recall, sorry, I'll keep digging!

5.9.0/5.9.1
Hotfix 1241557 Issue: Assigned Multi-Slot Policies go missing when set to Disable. Category disappears from the Assigned policies list, with no means to return the Category to the list.

Resolution: HF1241557 is posted to the download site. See the Related Information section for details.

Man Frustrated

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution
Uninstall reboot and so on didn't solve it. See my anwser earlier. Best Regards Peter
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 21

Jump to solution

When you select a system and both are affected, this is due to the columns displayed, where it adds an entry to compensate for the date in that column.  If you restore default columns, the duplicates would go away.  You can then add back any custom columns and see which one is causing the issue.  This issue is usually associated with any column pulling product properties.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

It seem to me that I get double entries (but only for a few VMs) as soon as I choose any field within the Product Status group.

but removing and adding such columns doesn't really in it self solve the problem, does it?

Best Regards

Peter

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 21

Jump to solution

If you remove the column, you won't see the duplicate entries.  When you add it back the duplicates return.  Do you find that to be the case?  It is only a display issue and not really creating duplicate entries. 

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Yes, that is the case and it make the report rather useless especially because one line shows the VM is MOVE AV NSX protected and the next line shows its unprotected. Testing manually the VM is protected but how can I trust data when presented like this.

Try reading this case from the top.

/Peter

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator