cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain consolidation - Three McAfee ePO's to One - Clients

Jump to solution

Good Morning,

As the tittle suggests. We have 3 McAfee ePO's. All policies and exclusions are configured 97% the same.

The three McAfee ePO's are configured in the following manner:

A) Version 5.1.1 Build 357 (Workstations)

B) Version 5.1.1 Build 357 (Servers)

C) Version 4.6.6 Build 176 (Mix)

My question is in regards to letter C and A. ePO B is an adventure for another day.

Lets assume that I disable policy enforcement on ePO C and push that to all the clients (workstations and servers). Would I then be able to use ePO A and do a force overwrite of the new agents on those clients? If so, is a reboot required? Reason I ask is that there are production servers that I would not like to interrupt. If required I can schedule a reboot for a weekend.

Any potential problems that I may experience?

Any suggestions?

At the moment the only way I have tested this is by disabling policy enforcement on a workstation, manually running the command to force uninstall on the workstation, rebooting, and installing the framework for the new ePO.

Appreciate the assistance and feedback.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Domain consolidation - Three McAfee ePO's to One - Clients

Jump to solution

A simple way would be to just share the security keys of ePO C/A and register ePO A within C. From there, as long as you have the policies set and system tree set for your new ePO A, you can transfer the agents from C > A seamlessly; then the agent will update its sitelist.xml and begin communicating on ePO A.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79283

2 Replies

Jump to solution

A simple way would be to just share the security keys of ePO C/A and register ePO A within C. From there, as long as you have the policies set and system tree set for your new ePO A, you can transfer the agents from C > A seamlessly; then the agent will update its sitelist.xml and begin communicating on ePO A.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79283

Jump to solution

Awesome! Appreciate your response and the link. Taking a look at the KB right now.