Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aaaaa
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Does changing MSSQL's password affect my system?

Jump to solution

My ePO uses Windows user authentication to access MSSQL. Now I want to change the password of all my Windows users. I know I also need to change the password on ePO's https: // localhost: 8443 / core / config-auth at the same time. But I want to know, what happens to my system when I change my Windows user password but I haven't changed the password in ePO settings?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: Does changing MSSQL's password affect my system?

Jump to solution

If you don't change the password in epo, epo won't be able to connect to the database, so it can't process events, agent props, send policies, etc.  They will just fail to connect to epo.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

YashT McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello @aaaaa ,

Adding to @cdinet  you can also follow below article that will help you change the credentials:

How to access the Database Configuration page and set SQL authentication account information in ePolicy Orchestrator
Technical Articles ID: KB51465

Unable to log on to the ePO console after changing the password of the account used to connect to SQL
Technical Articles ID: KB69850

How to change to SQL credentials for connecting ePolicy Orchestrator to the database
Technical Articles ID:   KB70722
Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T

6 Replies
cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

If you don't change the password in epo, epo won't be able to connect to the database, so it can't process events, agent props, send policies, etc.  They will just fail to connect to epo.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Additionally, that account will get locked out due to epo trying to connect repeatedly.  You will also need to change it on agent handlers, if you have any.  To do that, run the agent handler setup and choose modify to reset credentials there.

Was my reply helpful?

aaaaa
Level 8
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply.

As long as I change the ePO password, it will automatically become normal together, right?

YashT McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello @aaaaa ,

Adding to @cdinet  you can also follow below article that will help you change the credentials:

How to access the Database Configuration page and set SQL authentication account information in ePolicy Orchestrator
Technical Articles ID: KB51465

Unable to log on to the ePO console after changing the password of the account used to connect to SQL
Technical Articles ID: KB69850

How to change to SQL credentials for connecting ePolicy Orchestrator to the database
Technical Articles ID:   KB70722
Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T

aaaaa
Level 8
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply!

The information you provide is very useful to me.

YashT McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello @aaaaa ,

Glad to help 🙂

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community