cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epo909
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Do you always update the latest DAT to current repository?

I'm curious to know how many ePO admins, preferably those with large environment (+5000 nodes) experience, update the DAT daily on the Current repository. Or, instead, use the Evaluation repository so they can test the DAT files on a lab environment.

Usually is a situation of 'Protection' (update directly to current) vs 'Risk' (update to evaluation), and in my case I've always been on the 'Protection' scenario, but false positives and a look back to the latest threats on my ePO console history, make me wonder if I may not regret my 'Protection' decision someday.

Nothing better than to know whats the other experts point of view Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance.
3 Replies

RE: Do you always update the latest DAT to current repository?

Not an expert, but I always default to protection first - mainly because I don't have time to test every DAT. If McAfee make a mistake (as they did today with false positives), they're usually pretty quick at updating the DAT.

Mind you it helps that some time ago I got Executive permission to always deploy first and fix any problems later happy
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

We have about 1300 systems and I always install the DAT files when the server downloads them. Like the previous person, I also don't have the time to test DATs every day as I have other responsibilities.

Agreed with above. I have approx 20k devices right now and don't have time to test a DAT everyday. My management prefers as much automation as possible, so if there is a problem then I will deal with it then.
ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.