cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epo909
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Do you always update the latest DAT to current repository?

I'm curious to know how many ePO admins, preferably those with large environment (+5000 nodes) experience, update the DAT daily on the Current repository. Or, instead, use the Evaluation repository so they can test the DAT files on a lab environment.

Usually is a situation of 'Protection' (update directly to current) vs 'Risk' (update to evaluation), and in my case I've always been on the 'Protection' scenario, but false positives and a look back to the latest threats on my ePO console history, make me wonder if I may not regret my 'Protection' decision someday.

Nothing better than to know whats the other experts point of view Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance.
3 Replies

RE: Do you always update the latest DAT to current repository?

Not an expert, but I always default to protection first - mainly because I don't have time to test every DAT. If McAfee make a mistake (as they did today with false positives), they're usually pretty quick at updating the DAT.

Mind you it helps that some time ago I got Executive permission to always deploy first and fix any problems later happy
twenden
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

We have about 1300 systems and I always install the DAT files when the server downloads them. Like the previous person, I also don't have the time to test DATs every day as I have other responsibilities.

Agreed with above. I have approx 20k devices right now and don't have time to test a DAT everyday. My management prefers as much automation as possible, so if there is a problem then I will deal with it then.
MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.