Did you mean: 
geijs
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Do i need a email client on a eposerver

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if an email client (i.e. outlook) is needed on the EPO server to configure email notifications.

I am also wondering if the defined "From Address" in Server settings - Emailserver must exist on the mailserver, or is this just a fictitious name?

Sorry for this maybe silly question but i am a rookie in EPO and can't find an answer to these questions on the internet.

Thanks!

Geijs

Message was edited by: geijs on 6/29/11 4:50:27 AM CDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Do i need a email client on a eposerver

Jump to solution

Hi...

No, you don't need a mail client or server on the ePO server: just the details of the SMTP server you want to use to send mail. With regard to the account - that will depend on the SMTP server that you're using: some will refuse to accept mail from an unknown account. It's probably easier to create an account just for rPO notifications and use that, I would think.

Regards -

Joe

2 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi...

No, you don't need a mail client or server on the ePO server: just the details of the SMTP server you want to use to send mail. With regard to the account - that will depend on the SMTP server that you're using: some will refuse to accept mail from an unknown account. It's probably easier to create an account just for rPO notifications and use that, I would think.

Regards -

Joe

geijs
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thanks Joe, your answer is really helpfull to me!

With kind regards

Geijs