Did you mean: 
geijs
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Do i need a email client on a eposerver

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if an email client (i.e. outlook) is needed on the EPO server to configure email notifications.

I am also wondering if the defined "From Address" in Server settings - Emailserver must exist on the mailserver, or is this just a fictitious name?

Sorry for this maybe silly question but i am a rookie in EPO and can't find an answer to these questions on the internet.

Thanks!

Geijs

Message was edited by: geijs on 6/29/11 4:50:27 AM CDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Do i need a email client on a eposerver

Jump to solution

Hi...

No, you don't need a mail client or server on the ePO server: just the details of the SMTP server you want to use to send mail. With regard to the account - that will depend on the SMTP server that you're using: some will refuse to accept mail from an unknown account. It's probably easier to create an account just for rPO notifications and use that, I would think.

Regards -

Joe

2 Replies
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi...

No, you don't need a mail client or server on the ePO server: just the details of the SMTP server you want to use to send mail. With regard to the account - that will depend on the SMTP server that you're using: some will refuse to accept mail from an unknown account. It's probably easier to create an account just for rPO notifications and use that, I would think.

Regards -

Joe

geijs
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thanks Joe, your answer is really helpfull to me!

With kind regards

Geijs

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.