cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jawuk
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Do Agent Handlers appear as selectable repositories?

Jump to solution

Hi All

while i understand Agent Handlers should NOT be used to replace repositories, do Agent Handlers appear, by name in the SiteList file as selectable 'repositories' ?

Many Thanks

James

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Do Agent Handlers appear as selectable repositories?

Jump to solution

No, they don't. As  far as the agents are concerned, they are the master repository (so if an agent that is communicating with an AH tries to do an update from the master repo, in reality it will get the files from the AH.)

HTH -

Joe

2 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

No, they don't. As  far as the agents are concerned, they are the master repository (so if an agent that is communicating with an AH tries to do an update from the master repo, in reality it will get the files from the AH.)

HTH -

Joe

jawuk
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thanks, thats all i needed to know.

Shame actually as i wanted to be able to use the DMZ Agent Handler (with an internet interface configured) as a fall back repository for all our clients (enterprise wide), and as i untick the Master Repository by default and mandate clients communicate with their local LAN repository, it would have worked nicely. Never mind, will have to just create a repository on the Agent Handler instead.

Regards

J