cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributed repositories failed

Hi,

I'm trying to create distributed repository, I open a share in my file server and create a unc repository with full permissions.

But when I'm trying to replicate the task failed immediately and say this massage.

"replicate now (site in use).

Maybe someone know this error and can help me?

Thanks,

David

4 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Distributed repositories failed

Is that share location used for other things?  Is it part of a DFS share that may be replicating?  Try creating a share all its own that is not part of any other sharing.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

I open a new folder in my fs so yes this share is a part of big storage to use for file sharing,

you think this is the problem?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Yes, it could be.  You also might not have the right share and security permissions on the root of the share for where your new folder is.  The test would be, can you open the folder contents from the epo server in Windows Explorer using the account you have configured with write permissions?  If so, can you actually write to it?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

I have full permissions on this folder when I try to connect to this share via windows explorer it works fine and I can create files and transfer from my pc to this share, so permission may not be the problem.

but I will check the file server maybe its the problem.

thank you.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community