The dist repo's aren't updating. That had been working fine for months prior to this issue starting and I've been able to manually update a few times since this problem started. This has been happening now off an on for a couple months. I manually pulled from McAfee - No problem. The replication to the dist repo's hangs with "Waiting - Task paused, waiting for other tasks to complete". Or "Replicate Now (Cannot execute command. The master repository is busy.)" There are no other tasks running. I've rebooted the server and verified the DB\Software\SiteStat.xml file has status="Enabled". I have a DAT only update that runs every 2 hours and it's failing as well - "Task paused, waiting for other tasks to complete". All McAfee and other services that are configured to auto run on the ePO server are running in Services.
Oddly, I tried replication to each of the 3 repositories one at a time and the one that is offsite succeeded and is current with today's date on the contents.
Also tried deleting the contents of the Current folder and replicating, but no luck. Still empty now. Somewhere along the line of what I've done today, it updated the FramePkg files on my ePO server in the "C:\...(x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Current\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409" directory.
Any ideas where to look or what to try?
Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Did you check "Server Settings\Scheduler Tasks"? Try increasing the number slightly. It might help. But I think your problem is elsewhere. Please look at the server task log for the replication tasks. I would do basic network troubleshooting first. Is ePO server able to reach your distributed repositories? Any recent firewall change made in your environment? What about the CIFS shares? Did you check permission settings?
Just FYI :
see chapter 8 on distributed repositories. (epo 4.6 manual)
see chapter 6 on distributed repositories. (epo 5.3 manual)
Also this youtube video might help -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1U1HMdhXv0
ePO Server - 5.3.1
@Moe - Thanks for the reply.
Did you check "Server Settings\Scheduler Tasks"?
Yes - Increased to 14, but was already set at 12 and only one other task was visible under the Tasks logs.
Is ePO server able to reach your distributed repositories? - Yes
Any recent firewall change made in your environment? - No
What about the CIFS shares? - All good
Did you check permission settings? - Yes. All good.
I tested credentials on the replication config pages without error.
I've re-read the docs, but don't see anything that points to a resolution for this issue. Networking is fine. I'm leaning toward some issue with the database, but don't know enough ePO specifics to see it.
Ok. In that case, review server task logs for the replication task. that will give you clues as to what might be wrong. Click on the ones with errors to see details.
12/7/16 1:54:23 AM Started: Performing incremental replication to all repositories
12/7/16 1:56:08 AM Replicate to site myserver.local complete, no warnings
12/7/16 1:56:08 AM Replicate to site testserver.local complete, no warnings
12/7/16 1:56:08 AM Replicate to site testepo.local complete, no warnings
12/7/16 2:00:13 AM Completed: Performing incremental replication to all repositories (Replication successful)
A DAT only update that runs every 2 hours was hanging from 7:42pm last night. It was meant to start at 7:00.
As a result of the hanging DAT task, every replication task currently shows this error. But there are no running tasks.
|12/8/16 8:30:17 AM||Started: Performing incremental replication to 2 repositories|
|12/8/16 8:30:17 AM||Command aborted, another replication command is already waiting for other tasks to complete|
|12/8/16 8:30:17 AM||RepWeekly_FULL (Cannot execute command. The master repository is busy.)|
I set the view to All and sorted by status. Nothing is running except the one task that is hanging.
The DAT task that held things up this time failed with this error. But there are no other tasks waiting to complete.
|12/8/16 9:58:20 AM||Started: Pulling content from McAfeeHttp to Current branch|
|12/8/16 9:58:20 AM||Task paused, waiting for other tasks to complete|
I've had issues in the past with pulling content from McAfeeHttp - changed over to McAfeeFTP and test