cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy with numbers of deployments

Number of Agent deployments is substantially higher than the number of ENS deployments. Yet, I cannot find any computers with only the Agent installed. Suggestions?
5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Discrepancy with numbers of deployments

Are there any tasks or automatic responses that might reinstall the agent, or have there been any agent upgrades going on? 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Perhaps I was not clear:  I deploy McAfee Agent to various servers and workstations, then follow up with the installation of ENS.  However, the count for Agent is higher than the count for ENS. Yet when I peruse a listing of all computers with Agent installed, none appear to lack ENS.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

I understood your question.  My question is this.  Where exactly are you seeing this?  What are the dates of the agent installs?

Do you have an agent deployment task that runs periodically?

Do you have any server task or automatic response that would reinstall an agent?

Are there ANY agent reinstalls happening?  That would account for a higher number of agent installs.  On a system that is showing more than one event for an agent install, check the windows\temp\mcafeelogs directory for a frminst log.  Don't go by the modified date, but open it up and look through it - it will append to the log every time there is an install attempt.  Is there more than one?  If so, check server task logs, client tasks, audit logs, etc, for any agent deployments.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

We do have a sizable number of servers that do not run continuously.  These servers are only running when we need to test something.  I wonder how ePO reacts to this.  Perhaps the discrepancy is just the number of quiescent servers.  

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

That all depends on how long the systems are off and whether you have an inactive agent maintenance task enabled that removes inactive systems.  It also depends on whether agents get reinstalled for any reason (agent upgrade, fix broken agent issues, etc).  Agent reinstalls can occur much more frequently than ENS reinstalls.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community