cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Disaster Recovery Snapshot Server "ended"

Jump to solution

Our daily disaster recovery snapshot task started showing "ended" in red text a week ago.  It doesn't say failed, just says ended.  Is it safe to try https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89130 on it?  I don't want to delete that folder if it's not a symptom, but I can't find any other information about "ended"...everything just provides information for "failed".  Since I've only ever seen failed before, I don't know if ended means the same thing.  Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Disaster Recovery Snapshot Server "ended"

Jump to solution

Thank you for all the answers.  In the end, I had to restart the ePO services to get the snapshot task to actually end.  Somehow the task got stuck processing but the Server Task Log showed it as being Ended.  There was no way to manually end it other than restarting the services.  Once I restarted, I kicked off the snapshot task and it worked.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Jump to solution

FYI, ePO 5.10

McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

ePO 5.x tries to avoid this situation. A dashboard monitor called Server Snapshot, which can be added to your dashboards, is also shown in the default ePO Server Snapshot dashboard. The color and title of the Server Snapshot monitor tells you the status of your latest snapshot:

I request you to kindly refer to the below mentioned KB article and let me know if this helps you

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87976 

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Sanpshot.PNG

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Is your server a cluster and does that KB apply to you?  Ended is pretty much the same thing as failed - it can fail for several reasons.  Check the orion log for failures for that task for what error you are getting.  That is located in the epo install directory - server\logs folder.  Before deleting or doing anything, you should identify the cause first.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thank you for all the answers.  In the end, I had to restart the ePO services to get the snapshot task to actually end.  Somehow the task got stuck processing but the Server Task Log showed it as being Ended.  There was no way to manually end it other than restarting the services.  Once I restarted, I kicked off the snapshot task and it worked.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community