cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Different destination paths where agent being installed

We are in process of deployment of McAfee Agent 5.6.1 through SCCM. Unfortunately we are getting errors on some of lab computers due to SCCM discovery issue. It was noticed that errors shows up when agent is installed on different path than standard path C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent.

On some of laptops Agent was installed in C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework and even notice examples when agent installed in C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent5.

For deployment we use standard McAfee Agent package pulled from our ePO server.

Do you know why Agent installs in different path than standard path and what other path that Agent may use ? That would help creating SCCM discovery exception.

3 Replies
hem McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Different destination paths where agent being installed

1. C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework

Common framework will be is MA is upgraded from previous versions like 4.x

2. C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent: is default installation path.

3. C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent5

This is customize path if you specify path during MA install (FRAMEPKG /INSTALL=AGENT /INSTDIR=C:\ePOAgent )

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Thank You hem for your answer. But having below concerns.

Would it go to C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Frameworks if we do upgrade from newer version than 4x (oldest we have is 5.0.5) ?

Is it possible that it goes to Common Frameworks because previous installation of Agent was done through ePO Agent push ?  (noticed some examples like that)

We didn't specify C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent5 path during upgrade. For upgrade we used the same default package of McAfee Agent as for other computers that even didn't ask about destination path. I have found about 10 % of laptops with Agent5 path.

Are there any other destination paths that Agent install may choose as destination ? Knowing that would help us to set discovery exceptions in SCCM.

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

As we stated, agent5 path is not any default path that the agent install would use.  It is only the agent or common framework.  Using forceinstall should force it to the agent path for the new agents, or you can script it to add the install path to the command per the MA install guide.  It could have been scripted a long time ago by someone else no longer there and that path remained through upgrades, but it has and never will be one of our default paths to put it in agent5 directory.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community