Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pitch
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Difference between a non-compliant system and untrusted system

Good morning ! (Have a nice WE? I saw Lenny Kravitz and that was splendid grin )

What are the difference between these 2 concepts ?

I know that a non-compliant system is a trusted system...

There is a link with the agent but I don't see the light difference.

Can anyone help with it ?
5 Replies

RE: Difference between a non-compliant system and untrusted system

to me, a non-compliant system is one whereby you trust that system, but the products on it aint up to your benchmark. eg. your environment is using vse8.7i, but this machine is still on vse8.0i, you'd consider this machine to be non-compliant and you'd probably do something about it.

an untrusted machine would have been one that werent even installed with your company's designated products. this machine could well be an entirely newly purchased system which is yet to be properly setup. it could also be a machine belonging to an external visitor to your environment.

hope this helps.
Pitch
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

RE: Difference between a non-compliant system and untrusted system

Thanks you so much (even if your vocabulary is a bit technical grin I'm kidding, I understand) silly
SergeM
Level 9
Message 4 of 6

DAT (outrageously) out of sync

Hi,

I'd add to Galantico's response that if a system is using the right version of, say VSE, but is (outrageously) out of date with DAT (like a few weeks/months late, or anything more than 50 DAT "numbers" old) I'd consider it as definitely non-compliant but probably also untrusted.

Serge
Pitch
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

RE: DAT (outrageously) out of sync

If VSE is not well updated (old .dat) and the Agent is installed : this is a non compliant system.

You're right grin Thanks !

RE: DAT (outrageously) out of sync

Anyone wnat to "Pitch" in grin - and go for explaining "Unptrotected" ?

I'm asking because I used to think that if aclinet had outrageously out of date DAT's it eventually became calssed as Unprotected but I don't think so anymore.....

Jim