cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining currently installed ePO Hotfix Version

Is there anywhere to look to determine the currently installed ePO Hotfix on an ePO server? Not talking about ePO build number (ie 5.1.1 Build XXX). Looking for the hotfix (ie HF1133331)

Thanks in advance

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor tao
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Determining currently installed ePO Hotfix Version

Have you tried the following:

1 Log into the ePO console.

2 From the Menu, select Server Settings.

3 Scroll down and click on Server Information.

4 Java version should read 1.8.0_92.

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/26000/PD26501/en_US/...

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers

Tao,

Thanks for the response. HF1133331 was only an example. Yes, while HF1133331 addresses Java vulns and updates Java, other Hotfixes update other aspects of ePO that you cannot see in the Server Settings menu.

Wish there were a place in the Server Settings menu that you said something like HF version, then listed out the HF version number.

McDuff
Level 10
Message 4 of 6

I have the same question.  I'm wanting to apply hotfix HF1167014, yet when I look at the verification steps in the release notes https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/26000/PD26877/en_US/...  it tells me to look for the presence of 4 files in [ePO Installation Folder]\Server\extensions\installed\ePOCore\5.1.3.188\webapp\WEB-INF\lib yet before I apply the patch two of the four files are already there.  It would have been nice if the verification procedures included file versions and or timestamps.

Highlighted

McDuff,

Exactly. The newest HF1179709 asks you to run the installer, then check these files. The files already exist, with modified dates way in the past.

McAfee Employee moekhass
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Well, the files already exist there, true. However after applying the patch, what happens is that the older versions get backed up with .BAK extension in the same folder. When ePO services are restarted, they will use the newly created files instead. I suppose they have different ways of verifying different types of hotfixes.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator