Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
eg211
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Detect all softwares installed on client machines?

Jump to solution

HI There!

I was told before that mcafee has a product can detect softwares installed on client machines, but unfortunately i just cant remember its name.. (pretty sure it's not RSD)

Can someone share its name if you know it? thanks!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Detect all softwares installed on client machines?

Jump to solution

Hi @eg211,

Thank you for your post. That is an interesting question. Have you looked into McAfee System Information Reporter?

I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
4 Replies
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @eg211,

Thank you for your post. That is an interesting question. Have you looked into McAfee System Information Reporter?

I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
eg211
Level 9
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Ah.. yeah! exactly what i need, thanks, much appreciated!!

McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @eg211,

Thank you for your kind response and confirmation of the answer. This should definitely help other community members with similar queries. Kudos to the same!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

The following excerpt from it's product documentation seems to match up with your requirement:

Reporting
ePolicy Orchestrator ships with its own querying and reporting capabilities. These are highly
customizable, flexible and easy to use. Included is the Query Builder wizard, which creates and
runs queries that result in user-configured data in user-configured charts and tables.
Reports are pre-defined queries which query the ePolicy Orchestrator database and generate
a graphical output. You can create, edit and manage queries through ePolicy Orchestrator.

System Information Reporter supports the following reports:

• List of Applications — Report contains a list of applications installed on managed nodes,
    including hidden applications.
  • List of Processes — Report contains a list of processes running on managed nodes with
    their IDs.
  • List of Services — Report contains a list of services on managed nodes along with their
    status.
  • Product Protection View — Report contains the properties of managed products such
    as, patches, and hotfixes installed on the managed nodes.
  • System Information Properties — Report contains system properties such as USB devices,
    network cards, internet explorer version, and other software installed on the managed nodes.

I sincerely hope this helps as well!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community