cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detect Rogue Clients with No Mcafee Software

Can somebody tell me if it's possible to add some kind of Domain Login script to my network which sends alerts to EPO when they discover a machine with no Mcafee Software?

Anybody using some kind of method/system for this? Some kind of notification system would be nice.

Maybe some kind of script which checks if there is a agent on the system if not, output this data somewhere on a webpage/textfile or maybe just go ahead and install the agent?

I'm curious what you guys are using to do these kind of checks? I'm also trying to figure out how I create some kind of daily/weekly automated e-mail notification which tells me which clients are not up to date or missed the auto update of there agent/antivirus defenitions.

Anybody know how to do any of this? Thanks in advance for the help!
Tags (3)
4 Replies

RE: Detect Rogue Clients with No Mcafee Software

The best way is to use the Rogue System Detection 2.0 for ePO 4.0 which will detect wether a computer has an epo agent (I think it can also detect if it has AV protection and if it's up-to-date).

But if you don't want to use ePO I don't know if there's another way to make these queries sad

Do I need to purchase this? Or is this something I can download and install in my Epo 4.0 software list?

If I'm not wrong RSD license is included with the ePO one so you should be able to download it from McAfee's site.

You only need to install it on the ePO server and it will create the package repository for beeing deployed

This is correct, you should find it under the ePO section on the download site. You can find instructions to use it in the latest ePO guide. The first guide didnt have it as RSD wasnt available for ePO 4.0 when it first shipped.
McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.