cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Details: Product "EEADMIN_1000" installation failed, reason "Unknown error".

I'm getting the same messages when I'm upgrading DE 7.2.1.16 to 7.2.6.6 using EPO 5.9.1

The machine is reporting 7.2.6.6 but getting the error below.

This is the error from the Server Task Logfdf.PNG

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 19

Re: Details: Product "EEADMIN_1000" installation failed, reason "Unknown error".

You would have to look at the logs on the client.  The mcscript log in the programdata\mcafee\agent\logs folder will show some of the error whether it was on the agent or point product side.  Once the agent passes it off to msi by executing the setup, it is point product issue.  For that, look at windows\temp\mcafeelogs directory.  If the product is already installed with that version, some products throw and error instead of just exiting because it is already installed.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

We were not trying to install the same version on top of each other. It was a drive encryption upgrade from 7.2.1 to 7.2.6.

Nothing in Windows\Temp\McAfeeLogs

I had a look at the McScript.log and McScript_backup.log in ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\logs on three machines and they are all reporting the same things in the logs...even though they don't make much sense to me.

log0.PNGlog1.PNG

I have more information...this is what I've noticed...

I upgraded a laptop with DE 7.2.1 to DE 7.2.6.6 using EPO client task deployment

The upgrade went fine and it asked me to restart the laptop.

However after the reboot, McAfee tries to update DE again...even though it was already upgraded. Refer to the screenshot below. After the laptop reboot, McAfee agents tries to download DE again...

error.PNG

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 15 of 19

Enable debug mcscript logging for the client per kb82170 - just for mcscript, as it will tell a little more about the generic script error.  If that doesn't reveal anything, we will need to move this post to the encryption team.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

jround
Level 9
Message 16 of 19

There is a patch out to fix this issue now

DE 7.2.6 Hotfix 1247725 (HF1247725) - RTS 4

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84502

Issue: Installation or upgrade to MDE 7.2.6.6 through ePO deployment reports as failed even though MDE is properly installed and functional

Resolution: Contact Technical Support to obtain Drive Encryption 7.2.6 Hotfix 1247725, which has been released to support. See the Related Information section for contact details.

The trouble is I created a support request to send across the patch and they seem to be getting confused and just keep linking me to the above article when I know the patch is what I need!!!

Any chance you could jump in and send across the patch for me? SR #4-19183691091

As it also mentions a fix for password sync with W10 1709 on machines with smartcard readers, well pretty much all our machines have smartcard readers and a lot are now on 1709 so important to patch that up!

Thanks 🙂

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 17 of 19

You should have received an email with a link for the hotfix.  Let me know if you did not receive it.

Was my reply helpful?

jround
Level 9
Message 18 of 19

Thanks, I received and updated the extensions and client packages.

That has resolved the error with EEADMIN showing as failed, but now if I run a client task against a machine to upgrade the Windows client and agent to 7.2.6.11 the agent will install EEPC but then hang and not install EEADMIN_1000 until after a machine reboot so the ePO task appears to get 'hung' in progress I am not sure if this is expected behaviour or not?

Sent Run Now task "5)Deploy Encryption (CURRENT)" to "HHCJRTEST2AUG"
Run now task 5)Deploy Encryption (CURRENT) received.
Run now task started.
Run now task 5)Deploy Encryption (CURRENT) started.<br/>Details: Product "EEPC" installation succeeded to version "7.2.6"..

The below sequence doesn't kick in until after a machine reboot
Run now task started.
Run now task 5)Deploy Encryption (CURRENT) successful<br/>Details: Product "EEADMIN_1000" installation succeeded to version "7.2.6"..
Task Completed

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 19 of 19

I would say that is as expected, as a reboot would be required.  I would also suggest to use a scheduled client task rather than a run client task now, which won't need to wait on a response from client for status.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community