cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment task "Run at Every Policy Enforcement" missing?

Jump to solution

Hi,

There are various (old) posts saying that you should enabled "Run at Every Policy Enforcement interval" on certain tasks.

I'm running ePO 5.1.1 and can't find this setting on any of the deployment task options.

I have previously created a Product Deployment Task.

On a New Client Task Assignment, I choose that Deployment Task, and move to the Schedule page.

There are various schedule options (Daily, Run Immediately, etc), but there is no "Run at Every Policy Enforcement interval" check box.

So:

1) Has this check box been removed (and, for completeness, why)?

2) Should I instead have two tasks - a Run Immediately, and a Daily with a "repeat ever x hours" set?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor Nielsb
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Re: Deployment task "Run at Every Policy Enforcement" missing?

Jump to solution

Hi

The McAfee Agent 5.0.0 Extension removes the Run at every policy enforcement check box in the Product Deployment task. The option creates additional overhead on the endpoint and network when used with multiple Product Deployment tasks and when the policy enforcement interval is too short. This option has been widely used in many customer environments without recognizing potential unintended consequences.

Source: McAfee KnowledgeBase - 'Run at every policy enforcement' option is not available in Product Deployme...

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi Mrbeatnik,

Can you explain us what exactly you want to achieve.

thanks

Jump to solution

Hi,

I want to run a task at every policy enforcement interval.

There used to be an option for that.

Reliable Contributor Nielsb
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi

The McAfee Agent 5.0.0 Extension removes the Run at every policy enforcement check box in the Product Deployment task. The option creates additional overhead on the endpoint and network when used with multiple Product Deployment tasks and when the policy enforcement interval is too short. This option has been widely used in many customer environments without recognizing potential unintended consequences.

Source: McAfee KnowledgeBase - 'Run at every policy enforcement' option is not available in Product Deployme...

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Excellent, exactly the answer I was looking for.

Curse my search skills, I have no idea how that slipped by me before I posted.

Thanks

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center