cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of EPO agent for VDI/PC images

Jump to solution

Hi

I am working on a proof of concept for a Vmware View project. Could anyone advise me on the best way to deploy the epo agent (I am using 3.6 at the moment).  I will have a pool of virtual desktops that need AV, they will probably be persistent desktops.  I am building the master template for the virtual machines and am wondering if it would be a bad idea to deploy the EPO agent into the template.  I tend to leave the agent out of my physical desktop build and then deploy manually when the physical PC is deployed to the end user but because the virtual machines will only come online when they are required I am not sure of the best way to do this.

Maybe I will do it via a startup script.

Any advice on the best practice for deplying into a VDI environment or a PC imaging solution would be greatfully received

Regards

Russell.    

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Deployment of EPO agent for VDI/PC images

Jump to solution

Hi...

Please have a look at the ePO product guide for the version of ePO you're using - there will be a section entitled "Including the agent on an image" that should be what you're looking for.

HTH -

Joe

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi...

Please have a look at the ePO product guide for the version of ePO you're using - there will be a section entitled "Including the agent on an image" that should be what you're looking for.

HTH -

Joe

Jump to solution

Hi Joe

Thanks for the pointer, It always pays to RTFM!!

I followed the steps and all is good.

Thanks

Russell.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

russell0311 wrote:

Hi Joe

Thanks for the pointer, It always pays to RTFM!!

I followed the steps and all is good.

Thanks

Russell.

*Joe looks down at his RTFM T-shirt and mug*

Yep, you're right

Glad it's OK now -

Regards -

Joe