cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Deployment of EEPC via SMS Software Distribution Feature

Hello all,

we have to use SMS to deploy software. We need a methodik (scripts, ...) to deploy McAfee Agent and EEPC via SMS. Is there any predefined scripts which could help us doing that. The problem is not to install the exe but to assign the user to the EEPC client  and to register the PC in ePO.

Thank you for some help.

Best Regard

Angelo

4 Replies
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Deployment of EEPC via SMS Software Distribution Feature

Hi...

As long as the agent package (framepkg.exe) is taken from your ePO server, then all you have to do is install it - this package knows where the ePO server is and the machine will register with ePO automatically.

With regard to installing EEPC, please see KB71822 - hopefully that will help

HTH -

Joe

Hi,

thank you for the information. I need as well as the information how to include the users to the machine in ePO  together with the installation of eepc. We want to automatize the installation including registering the users to the machines.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Angelo

McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Hi....

According to my colleagues, this is not possible, I'm afraid - the machine needs to talk to ePO before the users can be assigned.

Sorry

HTH -

Joe

masten
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

I'm not sure if this helps depending on what you're trying to acheive. But the EEPC product policy setting “Add local domain users (and tag with 'EE:ALDU')” could help you automatically assign logged on/cached users to pre-boot, but if you need more control of adding users it might not be feasible.

/Magnus

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community