Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TerryZ
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

Deploying exclusions to built in scan task via ePO

This is partially related to VScan and ePO. I've been battling with support on this and the answer they give me I find hard to believe.

What I have come to understand from my communications with both the tech and his manager is that there is no way to deploy exclusions to the built-in scan task on ePO managed installations via ePO console. So, I can exclude files in on-access scan and I can create an on-demand scan task with exclusions, but I cannot control which files the built-in task scans. Basically, if someone were to run a one-off scan from the start menu, all of the files I have set exclusions for will be detected and deleted or whatever vscan chooses to do with it. Take produkey for example. I have excluded this everywhere I can possibly find in ePO, but Mcafee was flagging and deleting it. I finally discovered that someone had run a one-off scan and the file was deleted. This led to my investigation.

So my questions are:

1. What does everyone else out there do, other than rebuilding installation packages each time you want to add an exclusion then initiating a product reinstall? Goes without saying, but I don't want to do this manually to each workstation/server.

2. Does any one else agree that it's very strange that they can't control this?

3. Am I and the support team I was dealing with on crack and you can in fact do this?

Thanks in advance!!