cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying VSE to non-compliant systems

Anyone know an easy way to deploy VSE on non-compliant systems.

I'm gonna try doing the following:

Click on the Pie Chart part which shows non-compliant systems (red), this then lists the non-compliant systems.

Next I select all the systems and move them to lost&found. Then create a deploy task for all systems in lost&found to get VSE.

Anyone aware of any easier ways?

Thanks in advance.
6 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

RE: Deploying VSE to non-compliant systems

Assuming you have filtering on in one form or another so that your clients get filtered back to where you want them regularly.....

create a folder with a clear all and install deployment task set to immediate
(remove all prior versions and install version xxx)

run report
move to folder
wake all
vse installs (or uninstalls old obsolete and installs)
filter machines back to tree location or leave them to do it themselves if you have this setup

you can of course set tagging and automated tasks to do this or just set a general deployment task for the tree
SergeM
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 7

My problem would be to put the systems back in the tree where they belong once the problem has been solved...
I'm thinking of tagging... (thanks to tonyb99) but am not sure how this will work.

Once I'm happy that a non-compliant machine has been fixed I then delete it from epo, then let the next ad sync put it back.

I have a task set to install VSE every day at noon. That way the systems double check every day. If they are up to date, no problem, if not they soon will be. No need for re sorting. My compliance pie gets greener every day.

I often thought about applying my vse deployment task to all of 'my organisation', was never sure if vse would be reinstalled etc causing lots of network traffic.

May give it ago, my green pie has a thin crust of red!

I have lots of distributed repositories to save on bandwidth.
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community