Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluem
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Deploying McAfee ePO and uninstalling previous protection app

If a switching from a different vendor to McAfee Total Protection for Endpoint (ePO)...is there a tool that can help with removing the prevoius vendor security app?

Thanks,

B

3 Replies

Re: Deploying McAfee ePO and uninstalling previous protection app

Yes, McAfee VirusScan come with an universal uninstaller composed in two files , uninst.dll and uninst.ini, The INI file is the script that the .dll relies on to determine what products are installed and how to remove them.

just edit .ini to match the competitor Av.

El mensaje fue editado por: HermanSchenk on 07/03/10 8:36:23 GMT-06:00
bluem
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

I found the UnInst.ini inside folder "C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Current\VIRUSCAN8700\Install\0000". I checked the uninst.ini and was able to located the uninstall for Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 and Corprate Antivirus 10 (per attached file).

I would like to test on a computer and see if the uninstall will work....do I need to setup a specific settings or policy to perform the uninstall or once McAfee agent is deployed it will take care of uninstalling Symantec?

Thanks,

B

You got nothing to do , when setupvse (VirusScan installer) start automatically detect SEP and will remove it. I forgot to say that you cannot modify uninst.ini from the ePO repository , so if you need to do, take a original zip file and use McAfee Installation Designer.

Best regards