Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tyler.j.zang
Level 9

Deploying McAfee Agent from ePO fails with Err=64

Jump to solution

Hey everyone,

I have not had much luck finding information on err=64 online. I am about to open a case with Mcafee but I wanted to see if anyone else has an idea first.I recently installed ePO 5.1.2-348 with WDE 5.0.0.481.  I go to System Tree and hit New System. I type in the FQDN of the PC and my credentials that have admin on that machine.  The task fails to push the agent, and the server log on the server shows:

20161028090008 E #03632 NAIMSERV Push Agent Installation Program to {Name hidden} failed

20161028090038 E #04688 NAIMSERV Failed to authenticate to {name hidden}, err=64

Has anyone else came across this?  I opened ports on the server based on the ePO Knowledge base and I know the credentials I am supplying have local admin.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
proxima
Level 10

Re: Deploying McAfee Agent from ePO fails with Err=64

Jump to solution

Hi,

what about other prerequisites?

for examle admin share, local firewall, file and printing sharing etc.

all you can find here:

McAfee KnowledgeBase - Push Agent Installation Program to "computer name" Fail! (when deploying the ...

Regards

MK

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hayton
Level 17

Jump to solution

Moved from Community Support to Business > ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) for attention

proxima
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi,

what about other prerequisites?

for examle admin share, local firewall, file and printing sharing etc.

all you can find here:

McAfee KnowledgeBase - Push Agent Installation Program to "computer name" Fail! (when deploying the ...

Regards

MK

0 Kudos
tyler.j.zang
Level 9

Jump to solution

I resolved this due to a DNS issue.  I tried to get to \c$ or \admin$ but it was failing. That made me suspicious so I checked the IP against the DNS and saw a mismatch.  Once we resolved that, the machines worked.

0 Kudos