Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hickey
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

Deploying Agent V4 via Script (?)

Does anyone know if it's possible to deploy the agent via a script ?

I'm only managing to deploy the agent via the EPO on roughly 40% of my clients.

(I've created a new thread on my deploy problems).

Appreciate any help.

Thanks
11 Replies

RE: Deploying Agent V4 via Script (?)

yeah, i did mine with a login script. happy
SergeM
Level 9
Message 3 of 12

I'd be very interested in seeing that script as we're having issues with that...
Would it be possible to share it here ?

thanks
Serge

i would love to share it here but unfortunately, my boss is the one controlling it. as such, i'm not too sure of the exacts in the script but if i'm not wrong, she does the following :
1. runs the script in admin mode
2. installs the agent
dustrho
Level 7
Message 5 of 12

I'd also be curious to learn more about deploying the McAfee Agent via a script. We're trying to get Shavlik NetChk to deploy it for us, but we're not having much luck with it.
Hickey
Level 7
Message 6 of 12

Scripts Anyone... ???

We are a Novell environment sad and I have a batch file that worked well for deploying the epo 3.6 agent. The Novell login would trigger my batch file. Here are the basic steps I was using:

1. The batch file copied the framepackage.exe and sitelist.xml to the local PC.

2. issue the following command to silently install the agent: "<path to files>\framepkg.exe /silent /install=agent /siteinfo=sitelist.xml

3. Force the agent to check in: "C:\program files\network associates\common framework\cmdagent.exe" /S

That's it.
Hickey
Level 7
Message 8 of 12

Many Thanks

Edit:I cleaned up this post. Here is one way to script an install using a batch file. User will have to run as a local admin:

REM Check to see if agent has already been installed
REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent" /v AgentGUID
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO START
GOTO END
:START
REM Install
"..<Location to your install files>\framepkg.exe" /silent /install=agent /siteinfo="<Location to your install files>\sitelist.xml"
REM 10 second delay
PING -n 10 0.0.0.0 > NUL
REM Force check-in
"C:\program files\mcafee\common framework\cmdagent.exe" /S
:END

Notes:
I check to see if the agent is already installed. According to McAfee that registry key is the only way to know so I query it.
I put the delay in because sometimes the agent wasn't fully finished installing.

If anybody has an easier or more effective way please let me know. I figured this out through much trial and error.

This won't work if your users are not local admin's since the logon script runs in the users context.
In a Novell environment you shoudl use ZENworks, which runs a service to install software.

reg, Henno.
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community