Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tristan
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 16

Re: Deploying 4.6 agent to win7

Do you have any ePO polices set to hide the agent icon?

dnf
Level 10
Message 12 of 16

No agent icon hiden policy.

I don´t know how I install it in the other computer but I can´t install it in other computers....

FRMINST log file is not created, what means no installation is been performed? What logs chan I check? Agent_HOSTNAME.log tells me nothing....

El mensaje fue editado por: dnf on 27/11/12 10:41:21 CST
epoadm
Level 7
Message 13 of 16

To force the Agent to appear after installing the software, run services.msc and make sure the McAfee Framework Service is started. Next, run c:\program files\mcafee\common framework\cmdagent.exe /s. If you are running Win 7 64 bit, the folder will be c:\program files (x86)\mcafee\common framework\cmdagent.exe /s.

Highlighted
mrandolp
Level 10
Message 14 of 16

Hi dnf, the account you are using to deploy the agent, is it a domain admin?  If it is, you should not have any issues with deploying to any windows OS.  If not, what is the possibility of adding it to domain admins group?

Thanks Mike

dnf
Level 10
Message 15 of 16

Thanks to all for your input

Two question after reading all your help.

- Does the user need to te a domain users or is it enough with admin rights at the client? If the fhe "FramePkg.exe" is downloaded to the "admin&" share... does it mean the permissions are enough so?

If the agent installacion log is not present at \\HOSTNAME\c$\Windows\Temp\McAfeeLogs\FrmInst_HOSTNAME.log tells me the agent it´s not installed.

I guess it would be easier to find out the problem if I had access to the server logs or to a client so check/test your suggestions... Which one is the log to check the errors when deploying the agent?

dnf
Level 10
Message 16 of 16

The user permissions are the same in both win7 and winxp. Same users in the administrator group. So I have no idea where the problem is.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator