Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ittech
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Deployed Agents Completed yet PC not Managed by ePO

Jump to solution

I have about 10% of our PCs coming up as Unmanaged. When I try to deploy agents to these machines some will complete and some will not (most are connected to the network at various times by VPN). The one that do complete though are still not showing up in ePO. Looking at the task I found this:

1.png

Any thoughts? Any reason why PCs connecting through a VPN would show up as Unmanaged when I know they do have Agents installed?

TIA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hem
Level 15
Message 2 of 8

Re: Deployed Agents Completed yet PC not Managed by ePO

Jump to solution

In the screenshot, I see that agent deployment failed with message 'failed to access remote registry etc'. Make sure that they are meeting the environmental requirement as per kB#: KB56386

7 Replies
hem
Level 15
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

In the screenshot, I see that agent deployment failed with message 'failed to access remote registry etc'. Make sure that they are meeting the environmental requirement as per kB#: KB56386

ittech
Level 13
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

This particular PC and others like it (Managed and Unmanaged) are created from an image. About 50% of the imaged PCs are reporting back through the VPN.

hem
Level 15
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

If they are from image then did we delete GUID and MAC address before creating image? If not then will suggest to reset GUID from the client machine (

KB56086 ).

ittech
Level 13
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

After double checking 2 PCs the Remote Registry service wasn't running. I started it on those PCs and was able to successfully deploy an agent and do wake up calls to both (See below for an example).

2.png3.png

So now the only issue is that these are still showing up as Unmanaged. I did notice in the registry of each PC the ePO server's IP address was an APIPA address like this:

ePO.example.com|169.254.75.8|9443

Is that correct or an issue?

ittech
Level 13
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Looking at PCs that are reporting fine that APIPA address is a correct setting.

Also, the 2 PCs that I started the Remote Registry service on and changed it to Automatic from Manual are now reporting in to the ePO server

Must've just need a little bit of time or a reboot

Thanks hem!!!

Jump to solution

That APIPA is not correct. In case DNS does not work the agent will use the IP address to connect to the ePO server. Maybe your ePO server has an extra NIC that has an APIPA address?

ittech
Level 13
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

I'll look into it, thank you!