Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zuku
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

Deploy agent on epo 5.10

Hi,

I have fresh installed EPO 5.10, I synced epo with my active directory. Now I want install agent on single computer, so I check it and choose Agent-->Run client task--->Agent-->Product deployment and here my created task "Agent Deployment" but on the bottom I cannot confirm it, because "Run task now" button is grayed out.

My agent installations:

agent 5.6.jpg

please help.

11 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 12

Re: Deploy agent on epo 5.10

Run client task now is only for managed agents.  To deploy agents to new systems that are not yet managed, you choose that system, go to actions, agent, deploy agent.  See KB53686 for environmental requirements for deploying the agent.  The epo product guide also discusses how to deploy agents and set up tasks then to deploy other software to your clients.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 12

Also, you don't necessarily want to use the embedded package.  Just check in the latest Windows agent version not embedded.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

zuku
Level 8
Message 4 of 12

Thanks, pushed agent but is stay at 0%

deplayment is stuck.jpg

my second question:

I do not have tray icon on epo server (installed on windows server 2012 r2):

https://youtu.be/vC1wXIkuvb8?t=230

how could I see status of executed task on server?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 12

Did you deploy the agent to it and it shows in epo with a current communication date?  In the agent general policy on one of the tabs, there is a checkbox to allow showing agent tray icon in a remote session.  By default, the agent tray icon doesn't show if you are remoted into the system.  You can also get to it by going to the install directory for the agent (program files\mcafee\agent), then go to the x86 folder there and find updaterui.exe and run it.  That should bring up the tray icon.  There are command line options too (agent product guide) for that, but that's a simple way.

command line run from the same directory as above - cmdagent /s

Was my reply helpful?

zuku
Level 8
Message 6 of 12

so I need to install agent on epo server too? I thought that this is needed only on clients.

Why my agent don't deploy to client? Servers task log shows is Progress 0%, and in system tree computer is Unmanaged?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 12

Yes, you need the agent on the epo server also. It is also a client to be managed.  The server log will show any deployment failures to see why it isn't getting installed.  Did you check the KB I referenced?  You can view that at support.mcafee.com.  You will see push agent failed, err=53 or some other number.  You can use command prompt - net helpmsg 53 or other error number to find out what that means.

53 means that for any reason, the server can't get to that client (network path not found).

For a push to succeed, the environmental requirements must be met.

1.  use a domain admin account that has admin rights to the system

2.  epo server itself has to be able to get to the admin$ share of that system and copy the framepkg.exe to that windows directory

3.  remote registry also needs enabled (in that kb I mentioned) because it creates a temporary install service to invoke the install.

So there are any number of reasons for a failure.  Our landing pages for epo and ens have a lot of good "getting started" info.

www.mcafee.com/eposupport

www.mcafee.com/enssupport

Was my reply helpful?

zuku
Level 8
Message 8 of 12

OK, I succesfully installed an agent.

Please tell me what is this server task:

LdapSync: Sync across users from LDAP

if I use only Endpoint Security with Agent do I need this? Does this sync my systems with AD, or I have to create another task to do this? 

tasks.jpg

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 12

No, you don't need that task and it only syncs users with active directory for the purpose of using user based policy assignment rules.  That is typically used with encryption.

Was my reply helpful?

zuku
Level 8
Message 10 of 12

cdinet you mentioned previously: "Also, you don't necessarily want to use the embedded package.  Just check in the latest Windows agent version not embedded."

my problem is if i check-in "McAfee Agent for Windows (5.6.1 Hotfix 3)" automatically is checked "McAfee Agent for Windows (Embedded Credentials) (5.6.1 Hotfix 3)"

so I cannot check-in agent without embeded credentials

Clipboard01.jpg

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community