vpond
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Deploy McAfee Agent failing 5.0.3

Jump to solution

When installing an agent on a windows machine I get the following message

Starting deployment to computer HOSTNAME through the Agent Handler DIRECTORY

Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: The network path was not found.

Deploy agent installation package to target system was successful.

The agent is never installed and the machine shows as unmanaged. Pings are successful and Wake Agent fails. The run command \\HOSTNAME\admin$ from the EPO server is successful. Both DNS and reverse DNS lookups are showing as good. I have been unable to push to any machines in the last week.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vpond
Level 8
Message 9 of 9

Re: Deploy McAfee Agent failing 5.0.3

Jump to solution

Solved!

I'm posting this for anyone down the road that runs into this same issue. When upgrading the ePO agent to 5.0.3 in the software manager I still had the ePO Policy and Reporting Extension at 5.0.2. This created a communication error and upgrading to 5.0.3 fixed the issue. The local machine logs showed this to be the issue because they were still trying to communicate with the ePO server using 5.0.2. Make sure that all sub-components of a product are also updated to match the main component version.

8 Replies
vpond
Level 8
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Just to add to this: Host machine and Epo machine firewalls are off. I am using ePO 5.1.1 and the agent is 5.0.3.

Jump to solution

Have you tried to push the agent using the Framepkg.exe directly on the machine?

Jump to solution

What account are you using for the Deploy Agent function in ePO, and does that account have administrator-level access to the target system?

vpond
Level 8
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

Yes you can manually install the agent on the machine using Framepkg.exe but this is not an ideal solution. Also, the account used to deploy agents is an administrator account for the machines.

vpond
Level 8
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

I spent over 2 hours with McAfee technical support and they couldn't figure out anything that was wrong. I appreciate any suggestions here.

Jump to solution

Hi.

Can you actuall logon to the admins$ share and write to the local disk? Did you try changing the credentials to use the local admin account if you have one and they are generic..so e.g. loacl admin would be entered like such .\administrator then enter the local admin password

vpond
Level 8
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

I can log in to the admin$ and I dropped the framepkg on the temp folder. I tried a local admin account and it wasn't working (access denied). Not sure if that box is even set up for a local admin. My global admin works when I physically log into the machine and when I remote into it using computer manager.

vpond
Level 8
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Solved!

I'm posting this for anyone down the road that runs into this same issue. When upgrading the ePO agent to 5.0.3 in the software manager I still had the ePO Policy and Reporting Extension at 5.0.2. This created a communication error and upgrading to 5.0.3 fixed the issue. The local machine logs showed this to be the issue because they were still trying to communicate with the ePO server using 5.0.2. Make sure that all sub-components of a product are also updated to match the main component version.