cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete user cascading actions - server tasks were deleted!

What are the cascading actions that happen as a result of deleting a user in EPO 4.5? I discovered - to my major surprise - that when I deleted a user from EPO 4.5 that all of their server tasks were also deleted! This was not a good thing as this user built the server and most of the administrative server scheduled tasks were also deleted when the user account was deleted. This makes me wonder what else is deleted, modified, etc when a user account is deleted?

I also wonder if it would be better to have another user account just for creating/maintaining server tasks and anything else that should remain as "master" configuration settings in EPO 4.5. However, isn't that the reason you want to have named user accounts in a system to track activities?

Thanks for the feedback.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community