cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Size Issues - dbo.OrionSchedulerTask.log?

Jump to solution

I'm having a few issues with the database size and noted that the biggest table is dbo.OrionSchedulerTask.log what does this relate to within ePO and can any type of purge task be set to keep this at a more reasonable size?

Thanks

Stef

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Database Size Issues - dbo.OrionSchedulerTask.log?

Jump to solution

This contains the server task log information, and you can reduce it by choosing Purge from the action menu in the server task log page, or by using the "Purge Server Task Log", er,  server task 

HTH -

Joe

6 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

This contains the server task log information, and you can reduce it by choosing Purge from the action menu in the server task log page, or by using the "Purge Server Task Log", er,  server task 

HTH -

Joe

Jump to solution

Thanks Joe, confirms what I discovered about 5 minutes after posting!

Regards

Stef

Jump to solution

What task do I need to run to purge the events in dbo.HIP8_IPSEventParameter? That's the only other one I have that's hogging space.

Regards

Stef

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

I think this is handled by the HIPs extension - I'm not a HIPs expert so you'll have to bear with me

I believe that if you go to the HIPs interface, you should have a Purge option on the Actions menu.

HTH -

Joe

Jump to solution

Thanks Joe, yes, correct you can do a manual purge from the action menu. Ideally though I'd like to automate this to purge events older than X amount of days to minimise any risk of purging recent records by an administrator in error.

Stef

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

I'm afraid I don't know if that's possible - maybe someone with more HIPs experience can help, or alternatively you could try the HIPs forum.

Sorry

Joe