Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
9denis
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Data of Removed Computers..

We are using ePO 4.0 to manage McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i Clients via McAfee Agent.

I have a query regarding the Computers managed by this ePO Server. The query is that, if McAfee Agent is removed from a computer or a if computer is removed from the network permanently, what happens to the computer's data on ePO?

For Example, if a "COMPUTER-A" is connected to my ePO server. McAfee Agent and McAfee VirusScan 8.5i are installed on this computer. McAfee has detected 100 Threats till date. So, the ePO Server's counter would show 100 threats detected throughout.
Now, if this "COMPUTER-A" is removed from the network, what would happen to the counter of total number of viruses detected on ePO? Would ePO deduct the number of viruses detected by "COMPUTER-A"?

I hope I am able to explain.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Denis
4 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 2 of 5

RE: Data of Removed Computers..

the data would remain
9denis
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Tony for your valued reply.

But, it seems that in our ePO Server the data gets deleted.

One more thing, in our Server, one Server Task of "Inactive Agent Cleanup" has been scheduled every week. Will this clear data for that computer?

What happens when I uninstall McAfee from the computer along with McAfee Agent, while connected to ePO? Will this remove data of that computer?

Somehow this data is getting removed from the server. I want to know, in which circumstances, this data gets removed from the server?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Denis

Hi,
have u deleted the System in ePO too?
Then the Data will get deleted.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 5 of 5

When an agent dissapears from the network I still have the historical data in EPO relating to the viruses that were picked up on it when it was a live agent, unless I am clearing the logs down.

The only way data will dissapear is if you are removing with a task
check under automation and do you have a purge task setup on the events