cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dat Files Do Not Update With Windows 7 and ePO Agent 4.5

I am having an issue with my Windows 7 machines.  They currently have the ePO 4.5 agent installed, McAfee AntiVirus 8.7 and McAfee AntiSpyware 8.7.  However every few days I get a message from my Windows 7 machines that the dat files are out of date.  When I run a security update from the Windows 7 machine it communicates with my ePO server and updates it's dats.  But I have to initiate the update.  The agent does not.  Anyone else having this issue?

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Dat Files Do Not Update With Windows 7 and ePO Agent 4.5

Known issue that deployment task doesn't recognize win7 os and so won't run that task.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB67594&actp=search&searchid=1268678761894

The task will either need recreating or sql tweaks on your epo db.  Hope that helps.

Highlighted

Thank you for this however after I have completed all the steps (which I have done) how do I verify that Windows 7 is now a supported platform?  I sent an agent wake up call to my Windows 7 computers and they are still not updating automatically.  Please advise.

Highlighted

Look at the agent log:          C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\DB\Agent_computername.LOG

Look for this in the log file

2010-03-16 07:36:37 I #2536 Sched m_szTaskName =  -> Global Update
2010-03-16 07:36:37 I #2536 Sched m_szPlatforms =  ->  WIN95|WIN98|WINME|WNTS|WNTW|WXPW|WXPS|WXPHE|W2KS|W2KW|WVST|WVSTS
It should have WNT7W for Windows 7 in there.

Each task would have different platform codes.  Dig in to the kb article i sent and the linked ones at the bottom of it.  Good Luck.

Highlighted

I found it.  Thanks it is working.  Thank you for your help.

Highlighted

Cool, i was just going to comment that it appears those platform codes are only showing up on my tasks that aren't ok for Win7.  I'm still learning too...

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community