Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slade
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Daily Update of Endpoint Security

Jump to solution

I'm curious about best practice for updating the DAT/AMCore content/ for end devices.  If i have a Product Deployment setup to continuously deploy both the Mcafee Agent and Endpoint Security, does that mean it will automatically update AMCore Content daily?  Or do i have to create a new client task (Agent-Product Update)  to specifically perform a Dat/engine/AMCore Content update?  After i had created the Deploymnet jobs there is nothing that was created under the product updates in the client task catalog, so I was just wanting some clarification.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
AdithyanT McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: Daily Update of Endpoint Security

Jump to solution

Hi @slade,

Thank you for your post. Deployment task is only meant to install the products. A Product update task must be deployed to run everyday to ensure it updates DAT and Engine or  AMCore and Exploit Prevention Content for VSE and ENS respectively.

Running Deployment task everyday would not be required. A product update task is required for the endpoints to update from the ePO Server or the repositories as specified/configured.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @slade,

Thank you for your post. Deployment task is only meant to install the products. A Product update task must be deployed to run everyday to ensure it updates DAT and Engine or  AMCore and Exploit Prevention Content for VSE and ENS respectively.

Running Deployment task everyday would not be required. A product update task is required for the endpoints to update from the ePO Server or the repositories as specified/configured.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

slade
Level 8
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the prompt reply.  

McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @slade,

Thank you for marking the solution and letting others know what helped you! Kudos to you:)

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
slade
Level 8
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

...one followup question. DAT and Engine are only for VSE or for Linux OS's running Endpoing Security, right?

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Dats, yes, that is true.  Engine is used by both ens and the others that use dats.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @slade,

Apologies for the confusion here. What @cdinet said is right, ENS does use Engine, but it is no more a separate package. That is DAT and Engines are for VSE and ENS for Linux. ENS for Windows uses only AMCore (Engines are a part of the AMCore updates).

More details here:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB86704

I sincerely hope this clarifies your query!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community