Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 14

DXL broker not connected but connected in Topology

Jump to solution

DXL 502.130 broker is not connecting to the ePO server or any clients. Under Server settings> DXL CLient for ePO connection state is Connected. The DXL client policy is configured correctly. I noticed the "dxl_property" config file is pointing to a test broker that was mistakenly added to the ePO server. It is not anymore. But there is no way to edit the dxl_property config file. It won't update based on the new broker. I uninstalled the broker from the ePO server and reinstalled it, but that did not change the BrokerList= inside the config file. So I uninstalled the broker completely from ePO server and will be restarting the server in next few days to see if that removes the C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Data_Exchange_Layer folder completely.

Other options I am considering is to remove the DXL extensions from the ePO server...But I need technical support advice on what to do in this matter.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 14

Re: DXL broker not connected but connected in Topology

Jump to solution

Verify your dxl policies are all correct for broker and client, then run this command in browser, substituting your system name and port for epo server:

https://servername:8443/remote/dxl.client.updatePolicy

Once that is done, then send wakeup call to the epo server and see if that makes any difference.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi @kblowe ,

Typically the DXL Client Management policy is the replica of dxl_property_config file which is available in the endpoint machine.

From the description, I understand you may need to review the DXL Client policy from the catalog and review the "Enable Client broker preference" option from the policy and check the Include or Restrict buttons accordingly and assign it to any one selected machine and validate the connection.

Note- Please, do not modify any configuration file from the endpoint which is not recommended.

If you could spare few minutes to review this link it would be appreciated and guide you with complete overview of DXL Client policy.

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/data-exchange-layer-6.0.x-product-guide/page/GUID-DE44398A-8FA9-4490-...

Please, share a Kudos if you find my response helpful, don't miss to share "Accept as Solution" if my response answers your query!

Regards.

Please, share a "Kudos" if you find my response helpful, don't miss to share "Accept as Solution" if my response answers your query!

Regards.
Highlighted
Level 8
Message 3 of 14

Jump to solution

The DXL policies are set up correctly. The DXL CLient for ePO Server settings are set up correctly as well. Enable client broker preference and  DXL Topology - The ePO with the broker is selected.

Rebooting ePO server did not help.

I removed the TIE extension, and all DXL extensions and uninstalled the broker package from the ePO server. Rebooted ePO server again.

Reinstalled DXL extensions in order and the TIE extensions.

Server settings for DXL configured. DXL policy configured. Still no connection. DXL fabric shows connected.

The dxl_property file I mentioned initially has changed and doesn’t list any brokers under BrokerList= and EnableAffinity= false if that helps.

At this point I'm waiting on Technical Support. So any ideas on what to do next send my way.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 14

Jump to solution

Have you checked logs on the dxl broker server?  You should find a logs directory here:

/var/McAfee/dxlbroker

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Level 8
Message 5 of 14

Jump to solution

The ePO broker is installed on the ePO server. C:\ProgramData\McAfee\dxlbroker\logs

doesn't show much....

7:33:49 [I] TLS Enabled. (brokerlib\src\brokerlib.cpp:371)
[2740] 05/21/2020 7:33:49 [I] Certificate files found. (brokerlib\src\brokerlib.cpp:214)
[2740] 05/21/2020 7:33:49 [I] Initializing DXL Broker... (brokerlib\src\brokerlib.cpp:468)
[2740] 05/21/2020 7:33:49 [I] Added 0 hubs and 1 brokers. (brokerlib\brokerconfiguration\src\BrokerConfiguration.cpp:215)
[2740] 05/21/2020 7:33:49 [I] Added 61 publishers and 63 subscribers. (brokerlib\topicauthorization\src\topicauthorizationstate.cpp:94)
[2740] 05/21/2020 7:33:49 [I] Started data channel provider. (brokerlib\maplugin\src\MAPlugin.cpp:163)
[2740] 05/21/2020 7:33:49 [I] Started providers. (brokerlib\maplugin\src\MAPlugin.cpp:206)
[2740] 05/21/2020 7:33:49 [I] EpoInitService started. (brokerlib\src\EpoInitService.cpp:43)
[2740] 05/21/2020 7:33:49 [I] EpoInitService::onConfigurationUpdated() (brokerlib\src\EpoInitService.cpp:122)
[2740] 05/21/2020 7:33:49 [I] EpoInitService, Found local broker. (brokerlib\src\EpoInitService.cpp:157)
[344] 05/21/2020 7:34:40 [I] dxlbroker provider callback invoked for product id: DXLBROKR1000 (brokerlib\maplugin\src\propertyprovider.cpp:68)
[344] 05/21/2020 7:34:41 [I] dxlbroker policy notification callback invoked for reason: 32 (brokerlib\maplugin\src\policyprovider.cpp:96)
[3888] 05/21/2020 7:44:30 [I] dxlbroker provider callback invoked for product id: DXLBROKR1000 (brokerlib\maplugin\src\propertyprovider.cpp:68)
[3888] 05/21/2020 7:44:31 [I] dxlbroker policy notification callback invoked for reason: 32 (brokerlib\maplugin\src\policyprovider.cpp:96)
[3888] 05/21/2020 7:58:31 [I] dxlbroker provider callback invoked for product id: DXLBROKR1000 (brokerlib\maplugin\src\propertyprovider.cpp:68)
[3888] 05/21/2020 7:58:32 [I] dxlbroker policy notification callback invoked for reason: 32 (brokerlib\maplugin\src\policyprovider.cpp:96)
[10416] 05/21/2020 8:04:31 [I] dxlbroker provider callback invoked for product id: DXLBROKR1000 (brokerlib\maplugin\src\propertyprovider.cpp:68)
[10416] 05/21/2020 8:04:32 [I] dxlbroker policy notification callback invoked for reason: 32 (brokerlib\maplugin\src\policyprovider.cpp:96)

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 14

Jump to solution

Do you have any hubs created?

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 8
Message 7 of 14

Jump to solution

no hubs created.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 14

Jump to solution

Is this the only broker?  Does the server have the dlxbroker tag?  Where exactly are you seeing it not connected?

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 8
Message 9 of 14

Jump to solution

a test epo server broker was added mistakenly initially.  but has since been removed.

epo server has the DXLBROKER tag.

under the eposerver of any client the DXL status tab shows "Not Connected"

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 14

Jump to solution

In c:\programdata\mcafee\data_exchange_layer directory, you said the .config file didn't have right info in it?  What does the dxl_service.log show?  Does it have the 3 .pem files and the .cer file there?  Is the client on the epo server itself connected?  Are the systems remote or on internal network?

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community