Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rithin
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

DXL Configuration

Currently in our network i have 2 DXL brokers , 1 TIE server and 2 ePO servers, one is 5.9 and the other is 5.3, i want to decommission the 5.3 and do a fresh install of 5.10 in a new server as direct Upgradation failed several times, My question is currently my 5.3 epo has a broker which points to broker of 5.9 where TIE is installed when i do the fresh installation for 5.10 how will i reconfigure 5.10 in DXL to take the position of 5.3. Your Help is appreciated.

1 Reply

Re: DXL Configuration

Once the new 5.10 server has been installed, you will need to install the correct DXL management extensions.

Then login to the DXL broker managed by the 5.3.3 ePO server and switch to the root user. Run the reconfig-ma command, and provide the details for the new 5.10 server to have the agent provisioned to communicate to the new 5.10 ePO server. This broker should now be in the 5.10 ePO system tree and appear in the DXL topology of the 5.10 ePO server. 

The entry for this DXL broker in the 5.3.3 system tree can now be deleted, and the 5.3.3 ePO server can be decommissioned. 

Finally, you will need to recreate DXL bridge between the new 5.10 ePO server and the existing 5.9 ePO server following the steps in the DXL product documentation https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/data-exchange-layer-5.0.x-product-guide/page/GUID-B80F2B8C-F57E-40D2-...  

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community