cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DMZ Agent Handler - Signed 3rd party certificate?

Jump to solution

Is this a thing? I know normal setup is the AH requests a cert from the CA on the app server. We have an Agent Handler in the DMZ with a public DNS entry created. Part of our normal process is to test the public URL with a security scanner. It's complaining about the untrusted cert.

Is it supported to generate a cert from a 3rd party provider and use that for agent-to-server communication in the DMZ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: DMZ Agent Handler - Signed 3rd party certificate?

Jump to solution

The only certificate that can be used by a 3rd party CA with epo is the browser certificate.  As for the epo self-signed cert being not trusted, please refer to the engineering sustaining statement regarding that in KB82163

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

1 Reply
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: DMZ Agent Handler - Signed 3rd party certificate?

Jump to solution

The only certificate that can be used by a 3rd party CA with epo is the browser certificate.  As for the epo self-signed cert being not trusted, please refer to the engineering sustaining statement regarding that in KB82163

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center