Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jround
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

DLP policy transfer to new ePO server - blank

Jump to solution
I am building a fresh ePO 5.9 server on Server 2016 and then will gradually be just transferring systems across from the exisiting ePO 5.3 server. Everything is going OK so far, installing the various extensions then export / import the policies. Sadly DLP doesn't seem too keen on this! I checked in the DLP 11 extensions, then entered our license key for Device Control (Enterprise). I then exported / imported the DLP 11 policies from the existing ePO server, but when I try to bring them up on the new DLP server through 'Policy Catalog' a blank screen appears and nothing happens (also shows up the default blank policy if I go via 'DLP Policy Manager' Any ideas?
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: DLP policy transfer to new ePO server - blank

Jump to solution

did you also export the dlp policy settings in dlp policy manager and import those?  For dlp, you have to do both.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee moekhass
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

In ePO, under Data Protection menu, go to DLP Settings, then Backup and Restore tab. After saving it, you can import that backup on the new server. 

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

did you also export the dlp policy settings in dlp policy manager and import those?  For dlp, you have to do both.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee moekhass
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

In ePO, under Data Protection menu, go to DLP Settings, then Backup and Restore tab. After saving it, you can import that backup on the new server. 

jround
Level 9
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Thanks, that worked.

However sadly there are some other pitfalls in doing a fresh ePO install such as tags won't transfer across with systems, so I've now decided to upgrade the existing install to 5.9.1 and then do a disaster recovery over to a new server instead.

Tags (1)
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community