Did you mean: 
krit
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

DLP Prevent ePO extension - dlpp_help: 11.0.300

Jump to solution

Dear all,

I would like to install the dlp-appliance-management-app-11.2.0.104-extension on an ePO 5.10 Update 3 and there is one missing dependency: dlpp_help: 11.0.300

Where should I find this extension?

Please be also informed that in a similar thread in the community ( McAfee Support Community > Business Support > ePolicy Orchestrator > McAfee DLP Prevent ePO Extension ) it is mentioned that this extension is included in Common UI 1.3, which in our case is already installed in ePO.

Any advice on this would be welcome.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Re: DLP Prevent ePO extension - dlpp_help: 11.0.300

Jump to solution

For now, there is no reason to worry about the unsigned status, it was meant as a temporary workaround to get you up and running.  I gave your case number to the dlp team and they will be opening a defect with dlp for them to re-package that extensino with the corrected dependency versions.  In the meantime, the extensions will be functional.  Even when they do re-release it, you won't be able to install it unless you remove the existing, which could be problematic without proper backups of the policies and dlp settings.  You might just want to wait until the next version release to update the extensions in that case.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

6 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

I am trying to locate this, as soon as I find it I will let you know.  It is not in the commonui ones.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

krit
Level 10
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Dear cdinet,

Thank you for the reply. Looking forward to receiving your update on this.

Regards

Highlighted
krit
Level 10
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Dear cdinet,

Since this is a necessary step for an ongoing customer project and for fear of reserving your personal time in troubleshooting this, should I open a Service Request in McAfee support for the case to take a formal path and priority, plus to speed up its resolving?

Thank you.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

We do need an SR for this to get it to dev to fix their bundle, because that extension version doesn't exist.  When you get one open, send me the sr number so we can get it to dev.  In the meantime, however, I came up with a workaround.  Extract the bundle and replace that one extension file with this one (I modified it to look for the existing help extension version).  Then re-zip up the bundle - when you do, be sure to be inside the bundle folder with all the files, select them all, then send to compressed folders - that is so it doesn't create the zip as a folder within the zip instead of just all the files.  Then you can check it in as a bundle - I tested it and it works fine.

Was my reply helpful?

krit
Level 10
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Dear cdinet,

Thank you for the reply. One clarification, though:

If i get it right, I have to replace "that one extension file" from the new bundle to the old bundle. Which is the file that you mean?

I ve tried to upload the new bundle as is, and now I get a "dlpp_help: 11.0.2.030" missing. In the extensions page > help content, the below version is available

Name: dlp_help ( not dlpp_help )
Version: 11.0.2.030
Installed by: admin - March 22, 2019 12:02:10 PM EET

Is that the one you mean?

In the meantime, we ve tested this bundle by altering the extension.properties > extension.requires > value: dlpp_help changed to dlp_help ( as above ).
and re-zipped the bundle. The extension installation was successful this time, yet it has been installed as an unsigned extension ( as expected ). We are now able to see the relevant menu at "Menu → Policy Catalog → DLP Appliance Management".

Is there a reason to worry about any missing dependency or the unsigned status of this extension?

Thank you.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

For now, there is no reason to worry about the unsigned status, it was meant as a temporary workaround to get you up and running.  I gave your case number to the dlp team and they will be opening a defect with dlp for them to re-package that extensino with the corrected dependency versions.  In the meantime, the extensions will be functional.  Even when they do re-release it, you won't be able to install it unless you remove the existing, which could be problematic without proper backups of the policies and dlp settings.  You might just want to wait until the next version release to update the extensions in that case.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community