cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Server Key Check Failed Error

Jump to solution

We are having  sporatic problems with our ePO.  The SQL Server Service shutdowns down during an Audit Trace hence giving us the following error at web console login:

"The license for ePolicy Orchestrator is invalid. Error: DB Server Key Check Failed. A database error occured while getting license information. Make sure your database server is currently running."

Once we restart the SQL Server service or the ePO entirely, everything begins to function again.  Research has suggested a disaster recovery procedure be performed but I consider this our last resort, especially since our server will function fine for a few days before we have restart the services.

Additional info:

We receive the following three errors from in our SQL Server Logs right before it shuts down all marking the same time and same source (spid 82):

"Error: 556, Severity: 21, State: 1"

"An error occoured while writing an audit trace. SQL Server is shutting down.  Check and correct error conditions such as insufficient disk space, and then restart SQL Server.  If the problem persists, disable auditing by starting the server at the command prompt with the f' siwtch, and using SP_CONFIGURE."

"Error: 19099, Severity: 16, State 1."

"Trace ID '1' was stopped because of an error.  Cause: 0x80070005(Acces is denied.) Restart the trace after correcting problem."

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DB Server Key Check Failed Error

Jump to solution

Ja2013, thank you for your response.  I went through each of the two links provided but unfortunately they didn't fix the issue.  Ultimately, i had to perform the disaster recovery since i was not able to find any other fix for the issue. Luckily i had an image backup, which i highly recommend, that helped us get back on track quickly. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jappell McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi Omar, I didn't know which ePO version you might have had so I took a stab at trying to provide you a few links. I think the first one might be more helpful then the second one but I will let you tell me.

Jay

McAfee KnowledgeBase - The license for ePolicy Orchestrator is invalid (When accessing the ePO 4.5 /...

Jump to solution

Ja2013, thank you for your response.  I went through each of the two links provided but unfortunately they didn't fix the issue.  Ultimately, i had to perform the disaster recovery since i was not able to find any other fix for the issue. Luckily i had an image backup, which i highly recommend, that helped us get back on track quickly. 

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Update: After i successfuly recovered my ePO using the Disaster Recovery Procedure, I ran across some possible causes to the issue I had.  If anyone encounters this issue, make sure to check 'keystore' directory permissions.  Ensure that these privileges have been changed.  This may have been the issue i encountered and could have prevented me from having to do a disaster recovery.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community