Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kink80
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

DAT's will not update from "Update Now" or "Run client task now"

I have a client that will not update the McAfee VirusScan 8.8 DAT files. It will not update now the scheduled task I have set to run on this group of clients. It will not update when I choose the "Update Now" DAT files or if I do a "Run Task Now" on the client from ePO. It is still reporting to ePO but no updates occur. I do have many other clients running the same set of tasks  that are working fine. I have attached the McAfee Agent logs below. I have tried replacing the serversitelist.xml and also tried re-deploying the McAfee Agent. Has anyone seen this before?

Client is running the following:

VSE 8.8.0.975

Agent 4.6.0.3122

ePO 4.6.6

4 Replies
PhilR
Level 12
Message 2 of 5

Re: DAT's will not update from "Update Now" or "Run client task now"

regsvr32 /s c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan enterprise\vsupdate.dll

usually fixes this

or, with psexec

psexec \\hostname regsvr32 /s c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan enterprise\vsupdate.dll

And then try an update from ePO

Cheers,

Phil

kink80
Level 12
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the response. I tried running regsvr32 /s c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan enterprise\vsupdate.dll and then tried to update from ePO and it still does not work.

kink80
Level 12
Message 4 of 5

I also see this error in the Agent log:

#1984 UpdEvents Generating update event:EventId=2402Smiley Frustratedeverity=0Smiley TongueroductId=EPOAGENT3000:Locale=0409:UpdateType=N/A:UpdateError=26:NewVersion=N/ASmiley Very HappyateTime=N/A

PhilR
Level 12
Message 5 of 5

Of course I meant:

regsvr32 /s "c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan enterprise\vsupdate.dll"

Probably less hassle to uninstall Virusscan and McAfee Agent and reinstall than to try to figure why it isn't working.