cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAT's not getting Updated on machines

Jump to solution

My machines are not getting the latest DAT files.  Ther server is updating and right now in its repository it has 7132.  My machine is still on 7130 and the other test machine in on 7131.  The server pulls it at 2am and my machine shows the last agent to server communication 7/11/2013 7:20:48 AM.  In assigned Policies-McAfee Agent I have Repository-Desktop Default.  Not sure what I am missing.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DAT's not getting Updated on machines

Jump to solution

That's right, at the Assigned Client Tasks tab you should have an update task that would update DAT, Engine and BOF DAT every day.

If it doesn't exist then you'll have to set it up

7 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi dtsteinb, you should check that this policy specifies the right repository list for the computers to donwload updates.

Is the update task for these computers well defined?

Jump to solution

For the Mcafee Agent I have Desktop default and that is config as follows:

Repository list selection:Use this repository list

Select repository by: Use order in repository list

Repository list:

1. EPO_SRVR   Global   Enabled

2 McAfeeHttp   Fallback  Enabled <-- I just enabled this.  I wanted Desktop only to go throught EPO-SRVR so not sure if that is the issue.

For the Update task where would that be or do I need to create one?  Are you talkin about Assigned Client Tasks?  I have a Guided Configuration Created Deployment Task

Message was edited by: dtsteinb on 7/11/13 11:07:04 AM CDT

Jump to solution

That's right, at the Assigned Client Tasks tab you should have an update task that would update DAT, Engine and BOF DAT every day.

If it doesn't exist then you'll have to set it up

Jump to solution

I am a total newb but how can you tell what version the server has? Where do you go?

Jump to solution

In the EPO server go to the Dashboard and it should be EPO Summar or goto Menu Software Master Repository and look in your current branch.

Message was edited by: dtsteinb on 7/11/13 11:49:13 AM CDT

Jump to solution

Yes I was look at that but the only things I see are :

SIA Revocation

Virus Scan Enterprise Hot Fix 8.8.0.793781

Virus Scan Enterprise 8.8.0.3

Epo Agent Key Updater Plugin 4.8.0.614

Jump to solution

When you first login and look at the dashboard you don't see something that says Repository Package Status?  Make sure your looking at ePO Summary.   Click on Dashboards and the you should see Reporting Dashboards - to the right of that is a pull down menu.