cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAT file not updating on Servers

I have several servers not updating their DAT file even though they are communicating fine with my ePO, Is there a solution to this that doesn't involve restarting the servers?

5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: DAT file not updating on Servers

In c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs, there is an masvc log.  That will show you if the task invoked or not.  In the same directory there is an mcscript log.  That will tell you any problems it has downloading dats from your repositories.  What version of the agent?  Some of the 5.0 versions below 5.0.6 had some scheduling and dat update issues that are resolved in the higher version.  However, i would recommend 5.5 agent, as 5.0.6 needs a hotfix that you have to open an SR with McAfee to obtain/

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

I will check on those logs, thank you for pointing it to me. I am using agent 5.0.6 , since this is the latest version on the time of deployment for our client.

Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

In the past, we have had servers not update the DAT due to the system drive space (C:\) being too low like below 100MB. That is something that I check when seeing DATs not updating.

I'll add your suggestion on my checking, thanks

Highlighted

5.0.6 has a problem with the proxy settings - if no user is logged in, but you have it to use the system proxy in the agent policies, then it will fail to download from the repository and not update, unless your logged into the machine.

You will need to either specify the proxy manually or choose No Proxy

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator