cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAT and Engine version reporting as blank in ePO

Hello Team,

We have observer on few client machines (Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10) running VSE 8.8 patch 7 has reporting issue.

- On client machine Agent 4.8.3 and 5.0.2 installed.

- DAT updates on client pcs everyday, but in VSE console and Agent about screen latest DAT information not updated.

- but in the Engine folder we can see today's AVV** files

- Latest version of VSE extension and report extensions are there in ePO

- issue is there on only 300 nodes.

Observation:

- in the agent status monitor we cannot see "Enforcing Policies for VIRUSCAN8800" entry

- we cannot see VIRUSCAN8800 entry under application plugins:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\VIRUSCAN8800

Troubleshooting:

Manually upgraded the patch 8 successfully but Viruscan8800 still missing from registry

Only uninstall and reinstall of VSE works.

Question:

Why Viruscan plugin is missing from registry

Is there any known issue for this.

Is there any way where we can fix the issue without uninstall/reinstall

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor tao
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: DAT and Engine version reporting as blank in ePO

In the past I've created a winrar sfx of VSE, then EEDK ( ) it, uploaded to the ePO - create a task with a command /s and deployed -  works really well.

Real simple  winrar sfx command - with REINSTALLMODE=amus /q command, which will install both program and registry files.

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Path=%SystemRoot%\Temp\

SavePath

Setup="%SystemRoot%\Temp\VSE880P8\SetupVSE.exe" REINSTALLMODE=amus /q

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers

Hi buddy,

Could you explain it step by step? I have this issue as well, thank you

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Answes inline:

1. Why Viruscan plugin is missing from registry

A: Can't say without looking into log files. Please open case with support.

2. Is there any known issue for this.

A: Not I am aware of.

3.Is there any way where we can fix the issue without uninstall/reinstall

A: You can try importing VSE plugin reg key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\VIRUSCAN8800) from working machinefollowed by service start.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

To verify VSE installed correctly, can you open the VSE console?  Can you run an on demand scan or does it detect the eicar test virus (eicar.org)?  If not, then you can go to the windows\temp\mcafeelogs directory to review the install logs for any errors.  There are several msi logs for VSE - there is the normal install log as well as vscore install logs.  The main msi log would show any failures and if it points to syscore, then that would be the vscore log.  There may several reasons for the install to fail to write to the registry, which would require some investigation.  As previously suggested, open a ticket with McAfee with the VSE/ENS team to see why the install can't write to that registry location.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.