We have observer on few client machines (Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10) running VSE 8.8 patch 7 has reporting issue.
- On client machine Agent 4.8.3 and 5.0.2 installed.
- DAT updates on client pcs everyday, but in VSE console and Agent about screen latest DAT information not updated.
- but in the Engine folder we can see today's AVV** files
- Latest version of VSE extension and report extensions are there in ePO
- issue is there on only 300 nodes.
- in the agent status monitor we cannot see "Enforcing Policies for VIRUSCAN8800" entry
- we cannot see VIRUSCAN8800 entry under application plugins:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\VIRUSCAN8800
Manually upgraded the patch 8 successfully but Viruscan8800 still missing from registry
Only uninstall and reinstall of VSE works.
Why Viruscan plugin is missing from registry
Is there any known issue for this.
Is there any way where we can fix the issue without uninstall/reinstall
Thanks in advance.
;The comment below contains SFX script commands
Setup="%SystemRoot%\Temp\VSE880P8\SetupVSE.exe" REINSTALLMODE=amus /q
1. Why Viruscan plugin is missing from registry
A: Can't say without looking into log files. Please open case with support.
2. Is there any known issue for this.
A: Not I am aware of.
3.Is there any way where we can fix the issue without uninstall/reinstall
A: You can try importing VSE plugin reg key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\VIRUSCAN8800) from working machinefollowed by service start.
To verify VSE installed correctly, can you open the VSE console? Can you run an on demand scan or does it detect the eicar test virus (eicar.org)? If not, then you can go to the windows\temp\mcafeelogs directory to review the install logs for any errors. There are several msi logs for VSE - there is the normal install log as well as vscore install logs. The main msi log would show any failures and if it points to syscore, then that would be the vscore log. There may several reasons for the install to fail to write to the registry, which would require some investigation. As previously suggested, open a ticket with McAfee with the VSE/ENS team to see why the install can't write to that registry location.
Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?