cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAT Reputation

Hi Team,

am bit confuse, 

1) DAT reputation file comes along with  McAfee Agent package or VSE?
2) how to check DAT file is good or bad without DAT reputaion file if am correct.

please explain clearly...

6 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: DAT Reputation

1.  Neither - it is contained in the vse dat files or ens amcore content files.  It is not part of the agent or vse/ens, but part of the dats.

2. The only way to otherwise test dats is to install it on a test system/systems and observe for any unwanted behavior. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Okay got it thanks !!!.

if DAT file is successully install in test environment, what are all the steps need to be taken to check the behaviour.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

The mcscript log will show it running the datrep check.  I know of no way to test with a test bad dat file, as that reputation for the dat is info on our sites. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

DAT Reputation

Hi Team,

i found few logs as shown below, please check and provide me the proper explanation.

DATRep logs:

06/22/2019 12:00:47 AM mcdatrep:8138 (TELEMETRYLITECOMMONUTILS.) failed to rate connection TSSDK with error code : 51
06/23/2019 12:00:46 AM mcdatrep:6328 (TELEMETRYLITECOMMONUTILS.) failed to rate connection TSSDK with error code : 51
06/24/2019 12:00:50 AM mcdatrep:6dd0 (TELEMETRYLITECOMMONUTILS.) failed to rate connection TSSDK with error code : 51
06/25/2019 12:00:43 AM mcdatrep:e08 (TELEMETRYLITECOMMONUTILS.) failed to rate connection TSSDK with error code : 51

DAT Reputation

Hi Team,

i found few logs as shown below, please check and provide me the proper explanation.

DAT Rep logs:

06/22/2019 12:00:47 AM mcdatrep:8138 (TELEMETRYLITECOMMONUTILS.) failed to rate connection TSSDK with error code : 51
06/23/2019 12:00:46 AM mcdatrep:6328 (TELEMETRYLITECOMMONUTILS.) failed to rate connection TSSDK with error code : 51
06/24/2019 12:00:50 AM mcdatrep:6dd0 (TELEMETRYLITECOMMONUTILS.) failed to rate connection TSSDK with error code : 51
06/25/2019 12:00:43 AM mcdatrep:e08 (TELEMETRYLITECOMMONUTILS.) failed to rate connection TSSDK with error code : 51

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

That looks like some proxy or firewall possibly doing some ssl inspection and blocking the connection.  You might need to check with your network team.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community