cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized ePO Query based on specific machines

I'm having problems finding resolution for my specific issue.  I want to create a custom query on specific systems only.  In ePO I choose Queries & Reports, System Management (Managed Systems), Chart Type (Table sorted by System Name), Select my Columns, Filter (Managed Systems\System Name), then from the filter drop down I can choose from the following:  Equals, Does not equal, Contains, Does not contain, Starts with, Ends with, Contains pattern, Value is blank, Value is not blank, Is duplicated.  None of these selections allow me to enter more than one system separated by comma.  For example, I want to run a Query on 200 specific workstation names to gather data on them.  Is it possible to enter more than 1 system names separated by commas?

I am using ePO version 5.1.3.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tao
Level 13

Re: Customized ePO Query based on specific machines

Doesn't appear so - if there is a commonality among the 200 specific workstations that separates them from all other workstations perhaps create a custom Tag for them and then build the query off the Tag.

tonyb99
Level 13

We use a CSV text file in a specific location that you can populate with the machine names, epo regularly runs an import and tag as %Whatever% based on the contents of that file, or you can run it manually.

We also use variants of this a lot where you have over the small number of entries that explicitly stating the names in the TAG can handle, this used to be somewhere around 50 , not checked it recently I must admit.

0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately I don't have that level of access to ePO yet.  I can only pull reports based on what's currently configured in ePO or have my team lead make the changes to the server configuration.  As you can see from my screen shot, these are the only items I can filter my query by.  I have to add a line for each machine equaling the machine name.  Until I can convince my lead to create a Tag for these systems, I'm forced to use this method.

0 Kudos