Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gonzi
Level 8

Custom report from multiple ePO Servers

Jump to solution

Hello,

My client possess severals ePO servers. A new server has been deployed and he would like to perfom a custom query accross all the servers from the new one.

From what i've seen, we need:

- Register all ePO Servers from the new one
- Perform a task to cumulate data

Is there anything else ? I'm trying to get this informations:

- Numbers of Servers and Versions
- Numbers of McAfee Agent and Versions
- Number of Engine and Versions
- Numbers of VirusScan and Versions

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gonzi
Level 8

Re: Custom report from multiple ePO Servers

Jump to solution

Hello Cdinet,

Thank you for your help. I perfomed the query compliance type, but I don't get it how I can get the result on my main server.

In the log of the rollup data task, appeares to be added.

Where can i get the managed system added ?

Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Please refer to the product guide section on multi-server rollup querying.  It should walk you through what you need to do.

0 Kudos
Gonzi
Level 8

Jump to solution

The Product Guide says to perform 2 actions:

- "Create a query to define compliance "

- " Generate a compliance event"

How can i perform these steps ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Go to queries and reports, new query, roll-up targets and choose the desired compliance type query.  Check PD24808 - it has better instructions for doing all that.

Create a query to define compliance Compliance queries are required on McAfee ePO servers whose data is used in rollup queries. Queries and reports Multi-server rollup querying 21 McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.1.0 Software Product Guide 249 Task For option definitions, click ? in the interface. 1 Click Menu | Reporting | Queries & Reports , then click Actions | New . 2 On the Result Type page, select System Management as Feature Group, and select Managed Systems as Result Types, then click Next. 3 Select Boolean Pie Chart from the Display Result As list, then click Configure Criteria. 4 Select the properties to include in the query, then set the operators and values for each property. Click OK. When the Chart page appears, click Next. These properties define what is compliant for systems managed by this McAfee ePO server. 5 Select the columns to be included in the query, then click Next. 6 Select any filters to be applied to the query, click Run, then click Save. Generate compliance events Compliance events are used in rollup queries to aggregate data in a single report. Task For option definitions, click ? in the interface. 1 Click Menu | Automation | Server Tasks , then click Actions | New Task. 2 On the Description page, type a name for the new task, then click Next. 3 From the Actions drop-down menu, select Run Query. 4 Click browse (...) next to the Query field and select a query. The Select a query from the list dialog box appears with the My Groups tab active. 5 Select the compliance-defining query. This could be a default query, such as McAfee Agent Compliance Summary in the McAfee Groups section, or a user-created query, such as one described in Creating a query to define compliance. 6 From the Sub-Actions drop-down menu, select Generate Compliance Event and specify the percentage or number of target systems, then click Next. Events can be generated by the generate compliance event task if noncompliance rises above a set percentage or set number of systems. 7 Schedule the task for the time interval needed for Compliance History reporting. For example, if compliance must be collected on a weekly basis, schedule the task to run weekly. Click Next. 8 Review the details, then click Save

0 Kudos
Gonzi
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hello Cdinet,

Thank you for your help. I perfomed the query compliance type, but I don't get it how I can get the result on my main server.

In the log of the rollup data task, appeares to be added.

Where can i get the managed system added ?

Regards

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

You have to run a rollup task to have the rollup server pull all the events, etc from the other server.  Then in the rollup server you can query for any system you like.  If that doesn't answer your question, then please clarify what you need specifically.

0 Kudos
Gonzi
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hello,

It's clear, I didn't realise that i needed to perform a query on the reported system.

Thank you for your help.