cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cryptic performance optimaizer emails

Jump to solution
I get a daily email telling me that ePO automatic responses do not have throttling configured. I've gone through all my automatic responses, they all appear to have throttling set to 'at most, trigger this response every 1 hours'. My threshold is set to 30 mins. Any idea which automatic response this warning relates to? It would be nice if it gave me a hint of what it doesn't like in the email. thanks in advance, Jim Potter
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Re: Cryptic performance optimaizer emails

Jump to solution

Had him send me copy of his automatic responses. 

I deleted all my automatic responses and imported yours. Here are ones that don’t have any throttling. I don’t know which ones you have enabled or not, as they all imported disabled, but check all these. It may be looking at ones that are not enabled too. They all have set to trigger response for every event. I didn’t check all the performance optimizer ones. Please verify if any of these in the list are enabled, make sure to have some throttling on it.

Distributed repository replication failed

Malware detected

Malware detected and not handled

Master repository update failed

Master repository update succeeded

Non-compliant computer detected

RSD: query new rogue detection

Software catalog new product update available

Scan cancelled – this has trigger this response if multiple events occur within 30 minutes – should be ok

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

3 Replies
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi User91210367,

These emails you revieve, do they report the product they relate to ?

Do you have one we can look at?

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

We're running EPO 5.10. Here is a sample email:

Performance Optimizer has observed that there are ePO automatic responses that need to have throttling configured. 

Automatic responses that are not throttled can inadvertently lead to a large number of actions to be run on the ePO server, such as email notifications. Each automatic response should be reviewed to determine if throttling is required. If the throttling period is specified in minutes then review the Server Settings->Performance Optimizer for the minimum duration value. See the Performance Optimizer product guide for more details on throttling of ePO automatic responses.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Had him send me copy of his automatic responses. 

I deleted all my automatic responses and imported yours. Here are ones that don’t have any throttling. I don’t know which ones you have enabled or not, as they all imported disabled, but check all these. It may be looking at ones that are not enabled too. They all have set to trigger response for every event. I didn’t check all the performance optimizer ones. Please verify if any of these in the list are enabled, make sure to have some throttling on it.

Distributed repository replication failed

Malware detected

Malware detected and not handled

Master repository update failed

Master repository update succeeded

Non-compliant computer detected

RSD: query new rogue detection

Software catalog new product update available

Scan cancelled – this has trigger this response if multiple events occur within 30 minutes – should be ok

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.