Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TTU
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Cross-domain agent deployment issues

I am having a problem deploying the agent to computers in other domains. I get "Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: The network location cannot be reached."

I used the AD sync to import the systems. To do this I entered the FQDN. However, they don't show up in EPO with it. Just the Netbios name, and when I go to try to push the client out I get the above error.

I have used the FramePkg.exe on one system. Then forced it to call in to the server and it works great.

I have added a hosts entry for another system and was able to push it out just fine as well.

While a decent work around with 10,000+ clients (Agent) and 100+ servers (SuperAgent) this is really not a viable option.

Is there a way to make sure that AD brings it in with the FQDN.

Keep in mind this is ONLY cross domain. Within my domain things work fine.

Thanks in advance for any help.
3 Replies
TTU
Level 7
Message 2 of 4

Figured it out...

Okay. Not sure WHY it does not use the FQDN, but here's the fix for anyone interested...

TCP/IP Properties
DNS
Append these DNA suffixes

Add the FQDN for every domain that you need in there. In my case it's a lot of them, but it works.

RE: Figured it out...

Also you can fix your internal DNS (which epo uses) to resolve these external domains the right way.
McAfee Employee tb_ng
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

RE: Figured it out...

Not sure what you mean by "internal DNS"... I think I'm having an issue because ePO is not using fqdn.
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community