cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credentials for agent installation

Jump to solution

Every time i add a new system i must type the Credentials for agent installation and i don't want to use the administartor password. i'm thinking of creating a new user who will have  privillage to deploy the agent for the client. but i don't which privillage he must have to do this task? any advice?

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SCtbe
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Credentials for agent installation

Jump to solution

Hi,

AFAIK you need user with local admistrator rights on on destination machine - this is the simple way.

In general you need access to admin$ share and priviliges to install software, so maybe it will be possible to play with some super user roles, but I never tested this.

Regards.

5 Replies
SCtbe
Level 12
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi,

AFAIK you need user with local admistrator rights on on destination machine - this is the simple way.

In general you need access to admin$ share and priviliges to install software, so maybe it will be possible to play with some super user roles, but I never tested this.

Regards.

Jump to solution

Hi,

So i think the best way to create an agent package and use it to deploy the agent for all my clients. better that adding new system every time and provide the user name and password for every new machine added to the system. please correct me if i was wrong?

Regards.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

The other option, of course, is to use ePO 4.6, which can remember the credentials so that you don't have to enter them each time.

HTH -

Joe

Jump to solution

glad to hear that this issue solved with 4.6.

now i have another issue. creating agent package not working framepkg.exe. when i double click on the package nothing happened. no wizerd appear.

could be a problem with package itself?

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Possibly...  check the frminst_<machinename>.log: are there any errors recorded?
Also - are you trying to create a package with embedded credentials? If so, make sure that you have the embedded credential package checked into the repository.

HTH -

Joe